Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Winnie the Pooh Rehearsals

Well this rehearsal went quite well because this is the second time since we have been off book and the more we practice, the better we become. And that is exactly what this rehearsal was. We did the 1st Act completely once and we still had time left, and we only have hour long rehearsals, so I would say that is exceptionally well. When it was my turn to come on throughout the act, I would say it contrasts with last time because I improved on my lines, and voice, but the blocking still needs working on, and the movement and the preciseness of what my character does. Kanga is "miss perfect" and is in order and is very energetic, and flunctual. So the "miss perfect" is what I need to work on, and to fill in the empty spaces in between lines, like the reaction, and not just stand there, wait for my cue or line, and say it. There needs to be movement behind the actions and lines. And that is what Mrs. Kelly told us at the end of practice and what we need to work on.

No comments: